The UMKC School of Medicine welcomed 106 first-year medical students during the annual InDOCtrination Ceremony. More
Students at the UMKC School of Medicine are active leaders on national, state and local levels. Usman Hasnie was recently appointed to the American Medical Association's Medical Student Section Committee on Global and Public Health. More
Rite of Passage
The White Coat Ceremony at the UMKC School of Medicine is a rite of passage that marks a transition to intensive clinical training. With that comes the responsibilities of humanism and professionalism. More
Physician Assistants in Demand
Graduates of the UMKC School of Medicine's Master of Medical Science Physician Assistant program such as Megan Hottel are filling a vital role as healthcare providers. More
Joshua Hill looked at the faces of the 106 first-year medical students and thought back to a year ago when he sat where they were Friday morning during the University…
The School of Medicine’s graduate programs have expanded with a residency in neurology and a fellowship in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism. The neurology residency started July 1 with two residents,…
The School of Medicine’s Career Services Office has planned the next career fair for all students from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Aug. 19 at the School of Dentistry…
UMKC School of Medicine Dean Steven Kanter, M.D., is pleased to announce two key appointments as the school continues to align itself for the future. Paula Monaghan-Nichols, Ph.D., has been…
For third-year medical students at the UMKC School of Medicine, the White Coat Ceremony is a rite of passage that marks a transition to the more intensive clinical phase of…
Amgad Masoud, M.D., was honored as recipient of the Outstanding Year 1 and 2 Docent Teaching Award at the annual White Coat Ceremony on Aug. 6 at White Recital Hall.…
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer two-year master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.